At North Peak, the Business Development Manager is responsible for generating leads and stewarding right-fit prospects to work with North Peak’s team on transformational CRM initiatives. We’re looking for an individual to work with nonprofits to improve how they pursue their missions using a collaborative, value-driven, solution selling process. This is a revenue-generating role, reporting to the CEO.
About North Peak
We are a growing CRM technology consulting firm that empowers nonprofits’ impact through strategic advising and technical expertise, primarily around the effective use of Salesforce’s CRM. Organizations trust and love to work with North Peak because our team of experts is equally skilled in CRM strategy & best practices and Salesforce design, configuration, and administration. We are client-minded and work every day to put ourselves in nonprofit and foundations’ shoes, so we can help them make the best choices for their immediate and long-term goals. We value collaboration, curiosity, and new ideas, and we are motivated by tough challenges and the chance to help organizations make greater impact.
The priorities of this position are:
- Qualify leads and represent North Peak’s unique approach to new prospective nonprofit clients.
- Scope, manage and close new business initiatives for prospects using a collaborative, value-based, solution-selling approach. Includes meeting an annual goal of new business.
- Onboard consultants to new projects; create all necessary documents, update project tools and brief lead consultant on project goals, deliverables, desired outcomes, risks, etc.
- Develop and manage partner relationships
- Manage North Peak’s pipeline of new business, keeping opportunities up-to-date and providing meaningful updates on the timing and nature of new initiatives for capacity planning purposes.
The skills we are looking for candidates to have (or quickly acquire) are:
- Sales, preferably in a consulting or solution-selling environment
- Ability to work with nonprofit leaders to uncover their goals, strategies and unique challenges to be addressed by improving their technology situation.
- Familiarity with proposing solutions to nonprofit client challenges and goals.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work independently
- Initiative — we’re a small team that works quickly, and we are looking for a teammate who is comfortable sharing and running with ideas
- Excellent written communication skills
- 3+ years experience in positions of marketing and/or communication to a nonprofit or foundation audience, preferably regarding technology.
- Work across teams with subject matter experts to produce content
- Experience working with Salesforce or other flexible CRM solutions.
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours a week. We are a distributed company with team members working remotely.
Compensation & Benefits
- A competitive salary, performance-based compensation for achieving new business goals and annual bonus connected to company success.
- 18-day flat PTO policy including 8 paid holidays to start; increases to 21-days PTO after two years
- A tech stipend to spend on computer equipment, phone bills, internet, co-working memberships, and other expenses. The items purchased are yours to keep. ($3000)
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision) – Full coverage for employee and 25% for dependents
- Volunteer time off and matching gift program
- Employee Retirement Plan
- Get paid to learn and go to conferences.
- A focus on work/life balance. We have a flexible office hours policy although team members are expected to be generally available during regular business hours.