North Peak is hiring a Consultant with excellent technical and interpersonal skills, who is passionate about powering nonprofit impact. We are a growing, diversified Salesforce consulting firm that empowers nonprofits of all types to be CRM-centric with strategic advising and technical expertise.
North Peak Consultants manage Salesforce projects– ranging from new implementations to system relaunches and expansions– from start to finish, owning the on-time and on-budget delivery of high-quality Salesforce-based solutions. They also directly manage ongoing client relationships, serving as expert advisers and trainers, in addition to solution designers and project managers. We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic about and skilled in this work and who are lifelong learners.
The main responsibilities of a Consultant are:
- Own task deliverables, project timelines, and budgets; communicate timely status updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Produce project documentation up to North Peak standards including but not limited to: meeting agendas, meeting notes, budget updates, and project status updates.
- Forecast internal project resource needs on an ongoing basis
- Manage project teams and oversee deliverables among developers and configuration specialists.
- Design and lead Salesforce projects for small- to mid-sized engagements. Exercise judgment on how best to engage stakeholders, manage user adoption, and overcome project challenges.
- Lead Discovery process for small-to-mid-sized projects. Create a thoughtful Needs Analysis that recommends a sensible solution in the context of the client’s strategies, tactics, aspirations, issues, and capacity.
- Design high-quality, cohesive Salesforce.com solutions from unique client requirements using appropriate standard configuration, custom features, and product integrations.
- Clearly communicate internally and externally through Meeting Notes, Needs Analysis, Build Specification docs, and custom feature business requirements.
- Configure Salesforce for nonprofit processes using all declarative means including workflows, process builder, and visual flow.
- Design and perform complex data migrations; analyze data to determine configuration requirements and produce data migration plans, field maps, picklist transformations.
- Extensively test and deploy solutions
- Lead overall solution adoption by designing and delivering multi-session training curriculums as well as coordinating the actions of key client leaders to support the roll-out
Client Relationship Management
- Communicate with stakeholders in a manner that demonstrates our professionalism and values.
- Ensure clients are happy with our ongoing service by being responsive and providing thoughtful and contextual advice.
- Works cross-functionally with the Account Management team to flag project risks and identify optimal solutions to ensure positive outcomes
- Share knowledge and experience through blog posts, webinars, documentation and other outlets.
- Learn new methodologies and improve company standards.
- Achieve personal productivity goals assigned by a supervisor at a maximum of 75% billable.
- Adhere to North Peak’s values
Our Consultants need diverse skillset to be successful. Candidates must show proven ability in the following areas:
Technical and Project Management Skills:
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills in the following areas but not limited to: business requirements, technical documentation, and training content.
- Project Management skills, including leading project teams, overseeing budgets, and owning project timelines and deliverables
- Experience in Salesforce CRM Consulting and business solutions
- Skill with data maintenance tools (Jitterbit, DemandTools, DataLoader, Apsona, etc).
- Skill with third-party application integrations with Salesforce (online forms, email service providers, payment processors)
- Experience with quality assurance/testing and troubleshooting
- Able to manage many moving parts and details at once
Interpersonal and Leadership Skills:
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Commitment to high quality on all technical work
- Excellent Customer/client service
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong analytical skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects
- 4+ years Salesforce.com platform experience
- Salesforce Certified Admin at a minimum, Nonprofit Cloud Consultant (obtained within 6 months of employment) and other SF certifications desired
- Experience guiding organizations through the adoption and management of CRM solutions and related integrated technology.
- Familiar with nonprofit strategies and tactics around online fundraising, marketing, program management, and advocacy.
- Experience with third-party integrated products for online fundraising, advocacy, and email marketing.
- Thorough understanding of the roles and responsibilities of Executive stakeholders and CRM Administrator in maintaining a healthy, sustainable CRM solution
- Desire to make a commitment to our team, work, community, and clients
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours a week and some travel (around 10%). We are a distributed company with team members working remotely.
Compensation & Benefits
- A competitive salary with performance bonus
- 18-day flat PTO policy including 8 paid holidays to start; increases to 21-days PTO after two years.
- A tech stipend to spend on computer equipment, phone bills, internet, co-working memberships, and other expenses. The items purchased are yours to keep. ($3000)
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision) – Full coverage for employee and 25% for dependents
- Volunteer time off and matching gift program
- Employee Retirement Plan
- Get paid to learn and go to conferences.
- A focus on work/life balance. We have a flexible office hours policy although team members are expected to be generally available during regular business hours.