North Peak is hiring a Director of Professional Services with excellent technical and leadership skills, who is passionate about powering nonprofit impact. We are a growing, diversified Salesforce consulting firm that empowers nonprofits of all types to be CRM-centric with strategic advising and technical expertise.
The Director of Professional Services is responsible for the growth and development of professional services team members in addition to the processes and best practices for project implementation. They directly will be tasked with improving existing processes, filling gaps in solution delivery, and innovating on how we deliver projects to set our nonprofit clients up for success. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about being a people manager while also enjoying the challenge of defining systems and processes for solution delivery.
The main responsibilities of the Director of Professional Services are:
- Recruit, hire, manage and support Professional Services staff (Senior Consultants, Consultants, Associate Consultants, Project Manager, etc).
- Act as a sounding board to staff around capacity planning, project risks, interpersonal challenges through coaching and mentorship.
- Work with Professional Services staff to identify goals for professional growth and continued job improvement.
- Oversee performance management of the Professional Services team including ensuring all professional services staff are adhering to processes and standards.
- Evaluate the overall performance of staff through observation, individual supervision, and peer feedback. Monitor staff adherence to policies and procedures.
- Supports the resource planning and profitability model for professional services through capacity management and by monitoring projects under your team’s responsibility.
- Collaborate with other leadership team members across the business in cross-functional initiatives, business strategy, and growth.
- Represent the Professional Services Team publicly (Business Development, Conference Attendance, and other Community Engagement) and is a role model to the team.
- Adhere to and be an example of North Peak’s values.
- Own and improve the processes associated with the Management and Delivery of Professional Services at North Peak. Collaborate with and delegate to staff to improve and refine our processes to deliver high-quality products, this includes, but not limited to:
- Discovery & Needs Analysis
- System Design/Configuration
- Deployment strategies & Client training
- Data Migration
- NPSP Products & 3rd Party
- Lead and set project management standards for North Peak, including but not limited to:
- Project Plans (Asana)
- Client interactions (communication, meeting notes, check-ins)
- Scope Management (Timeline, budget, utilization, and resource planning)
- Manage and be responsible for quality assurance of project delivery, this includes communicating with account managers, consultants and reviewing project retrospectives to ensure North Peak best practices are implemented.
- Participate in consulting projects as a senior resource, including but not limited to: salesforce configuration, data migration, strategic advising, etc.
- Manage external resources (contractors), to include availability, client satisfaction, and quality control.
- Achieve personal productivity goals assigned by the supervisor at a maximum of 60% billable.
You will excel in this position if you have:
- Strong people skills to meet staff where they are and manage their needs.
- Innovative — we’re a small team, so we need leaders who can shake things up and bring new ideas to build and improve on our framework of providing impactful solutions to our clients.
- Hands-on experience in implementing Salesforce projects and being part of a project team.
- Work independently, and also juggle multiple tasks.
- Nonprofit business strategy
- Salesforce CRM Consulting
- Project team leadership
- Community engagement and thought leadership within the nonprofit technology ecosystem
- 5+ years of Salesforce.com and the Force.com platform experience.
- 2+ years management experience, preferably in professional services
- Salesforce Certified Admin, Nonprofit Cloud Consultant, Sales Cloud Consultant at a minimum (obtained within 6 months of employment) and other advanced SF certifications required (Community Cloud Consultant, Certified System Architect, Certified Pardot Consultant, Certified Advanced Administrator, Certified Application Architect)
- 4+ years experience consulting to mid-to-large nonprofit organizations on CRM solutions and related integrated technology
- Experience in strategic planning, goal setting, and budget management
- Experience defining processes, building frameworks, and training team members on best practices.
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours a week and some travel (around 10%). We are a distributed company with team members working remotely.
Compensation & Benefits
- A competitive salary with performance bonus
- 18-day flat PTO policy including 8 paid holidays to start; increases to 21-days PTO after two years.
- A tech stipend to spend on computer equipment, phone bills, internet, co-working memberships, and other expenses. The items purchased are yours to keep. ($3000)
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision) – Full coverage for employee and 25% for dependents
- Volunteer time off and matching gift program
- Employee Retirement Plan
- Get paid to learn and go to conferences.
- A focus on work/life balance. We have a flexible office hours policy although team members are expected to be generally available during regular business hours.