North Peak is hiring a Marketing and Business Development Associate with excellent critical thinking and communication skills, who is passionate about social impact. We are a growing, diversified Salesforce consulting firm that empowers nonprofits’ impact through strategic advising and technical expertise.
This role, reporting to the Director of Engagement, will be an integral part of North Peak’s success, helping to grow our brand visibility and revenue. They will work directly with our clients and prospective clients to deeply understand their goals and businesses. In partnership with the Director of Engagement, they will capture client successes in our marketing efforts and help identify prospects.
The priorities of this position are:
- Execute and help measure success for inbound and outbound marketing campaigns, including management of internal and external resources
- Conduct market research to inform successful marketing efforts
- Identify potential prospects via marketing efforts and research
- Vet prospective clients to determine “fit” with North Peak
- Contribute to the development of a shared vision for successful client engagements
About Our Team
North Peak is a boutique Salesforce consulting firm that offers CRM advisory and technical services. Organizations trust and love to work with North Peak because our team of experts is equally skilled in CRM strategy & best practice and Salesforce design, configuration, and administration. We are client-minded and work every day to put ourselves in nonprofit and foundations’ shoes, so we can help them make the best choices for their immediate and long-term goals. We value collaboration, curiosity, and new ideas, and we are motivated by tough challenges and the chance to help organizations make greater impact.
- Coordinate development and delivery of content in the form of blog posts, webinars, emails & newsletters, and conference presentations
- Write and proofread new content
- Support execution of outbound marketing efforts
- Represent North Peak at community events
- Coordinate North Peak events
- Manage North Peak website and social media
- Maintain and update North Peak’s brand assets, including coordinating contractors
- Business Development
- Manage potential client relationships in coordination with Director of Engagement to determine right-fit, including prospect research, agenda-setting, and proposal development
- Conduct market research to contribute to North Peak’s evolving positioning and value proposition
- Surface potential new relationship opportunities through research
- Support preparation of pipeline and revenue reporting, updates for the organization
You will excel in this position if you have:
- Excellent client service skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong writing, research, and communication skills — we’re looking for someone who can translate complex concepts into easy-to-understand language for different audiences
- An aptitude for learning new technology — the CRM ecosystem is vast, and we are always learning about new products and platforms
- Effective problem solving skills — our clients look to us for help to solve hard problems, and we pride ourselves on our creative solutions
- Initiative — we’re a small team that works quickly, and we are looking for a teammate who is comfortable sharing and running with ideas
- 2-4 years of experience working in marketing
- Experience producing and coordinating content marketing across various digital channels
- Experience engaging with clients and/or external partners
- Interest in growing in a sales and business development role, including vetting prospects, researching potential opportunities, and making recommendations on sales approach
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, including creating and managing timelines, coordinating stakeholders, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Preferred: experience working with or at nonprofits; experience working with Salesforce
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours a week. We are a distributed company with team members working remotely.
Compensation & Benefits
- A competitive salary with performance bonus (range $44,000 – $50,000)
- 18-day flat PTO policy including 8 paid holidays to start; increases to 21-days PTO after two years.
- A tech stipend to spend on computer equipment, phone bills, internet, co-working memberships and other expenses. The items purchased are yours to keep. ($3000)
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision) – Full coverage for employee and 25% for dependents
- Volunteer time off and matching gift program
- Employee Retirement Plan
- Get paid to learn and go to conferences.
- A focus on work/life balance. We have a flexible office hours policy although team members are expected to be generally available during regular business hours.