At North Peak, the Strategic Account Director manages and leads client relationships through various stages of being successful with CRM from: pre-planning to overhauling technology to ongoing management, maintenance and evolution of the system. We’re looking for an individual experienced with nonprofit CRM operations, comfortable building strong relationships and ready to represent best practices to use CRM for more efficient, more informed and more sustainable operations in fundraising, program management and grants management organizations.
This role, reporting to the CEO, will be an integral part of North Peak’s success, helping to grow strong relationships, set clients up for long-term success, and steward engagements to achieve meaningful results for our clients.
About North Peak
We are a growing CRM technology consulting firm that empowers nonprofits’ impact through strategic advising and technical expertise, primarily around the effective use of Salesforce’s CRM. Organizations trust and love to work with North Peak because our team of experts is equally skilled in CRM strategy & best practice and Salesforce design, configuration, and administration. We are client-minded and work every day to put ourselves in nonprofit and foundations’ shoes, so we can help them make the best choices for their immediate and long-term goals. We value collaboration, curiosity, and new ideas, and we are motivated by tough challenges and the chance to help organizations make greater impact.
The priorities of this position are:
- Be the primary point of contact for the business relationship between North Peak and clients; represent North Peak’s services and service deliverables to ensure the work performed by our consulting team is In line with the client’s strategic direction and available resources.
- Be responsive to risks raised by our consulting team or by our client during an engagement; proactively work to solve for these challenges.
- Lead clients through the North Peak service that results in clients having a clear and documented Strategic Framework for Success with CRM.
- Participate in periodic efforts to review and improve North Peak services.
- Bring opportunities to communicate our work with the client, particularly: lessons learned and wins, to the Community Engagement team to inform content creation for articles, webinars, testimonials and references.
Cultivate current and former client relationships ensuring trust and connection is maintained, with clients happy to refer new business to us and/or be a reference for other potential clients. Identify opportunities to deepen or expand our work with the client.
Related to developing Strategic Frameworks for Success with CRM:
- Educate clients on elements of the strategic framework
- Lead client through discussions and brainstorming sessions, do additional research to draft and document core elements of the strategic framework
- Advise client on staffing, roles, resources and processes related to implementation of the strategic framework
- Work with a North Peak consultant to produce a technology roadmap and scope of work for overhauling systems to match the team’s needs
- Present recommendations to the client team, listen and adapt framework to feedback such that consensus is achieved on a necessary and sufficient framework.
- Produce content to express to prospects the value and impact of this service alone
During active Implementation and Success projects:
- Onboard consultants to new projects with existing clients; create all necessary documents, update project tools and brief lead consultant on project goals, deliverables, desired outcomes, risks, etc.
- Work with North Peak’s consultant and participate in client meetings (as needed) to ensure the engagement is on track to meet goals
- Address any questions or concerns around deliverables, timeframe, budget, client engagement, and other expectations
- Actively cultivate Executive Stakeholder participation in the project, advising on change management and governance best practices
- Lead project launch steps to steward the client from successful launch to completion of the project.
- Check on clients’ governance practices and ongoing support needs
- Get client feedback on their experience working with North Peak
- Start conversations on sharing lessons learned, operational improvements achieved, and challenges faced with the broader nonprofit community.
- Communicate status and highlights to involved partners such as Salesforce.org
- Develop productive working relationships with client executives and primary stakeholders
- Understand goals, objectives, challenges, and opportunities facing clients and build recommendations for new engagements that address these strategic imperatives
- Help share North Peak’s perspective and best practices, drafting content and presenting at webinars, conferences, etc
- Work with CEO to define account manager strategy and individual client goals
You will excel in this position if you have:
- Nonprofit experience, with a focus on operations, strategic planning and effective use of technology to achieve goals.
- A strong understanding of change management and technology governance strategies to guide clients to achieve a CRM-Centric approach to operations.
- Excellent client service skills to forge and lead great client relationships
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective problem solving skills — our clients look to us for help to solve hard problems, and we pride ourselves on our creative solutions
- Initiative — we’re a small team that works quickly, and we are looking for a teammate who is comfortable sharing and running with ideas
- 5+ years experience developing and participating in strategic cross-departmental initiatives.
- Direct and meaningful experience in a leadership capacity with organizations evolving their technology and capabilities
- Experience with client relationship management
- Ability to work independently
- Preferred: experience working with or at nonprofits;
- Experience working with Salesforce or other flexible CRM platform
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours a week. We are a distributed company with team members working remotely.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive base salary plus performance-based compensation for achieving repeat business goals.
- 18-day flat PTO policy including 8 paid holidays to start; increases to 21-days PTO after two years.
- A tech stipend to spend on computer equipment, phone bills, internet, co-working memberships, and other expenses. The items purchased are yours to keep. ($3000)
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision) – Full coverage for employee and 25% for dependents
- Volunteer time off and matching gift program
- Employee Retirement Plan
- Get paid to learn and go to conferences.
- A focus on work/life balance. We have a flexible office hours policy although team members are expected to be generally available during regular business hours.