North Peak is hiring a Project Manager with excellent organization and interpersonal skills, who is passionate about powering nonprofit impact. We are a growing, diversified Salesforce consulting firm that empowers nonprofits of all types to be CRM-centric with strategic advising and technical expertise.
North Peak Project Managers drive the successful delivery of transformational Salesforce projects– ranging from new implementations to system relaunches and expansions. As a project manager, you must be experienced in leading multiple projects simultaneously and managing stakeholders and project teams as well as having technical knowledge of Salesforce. We’re looking for individuals with strong business and technical aptitude, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail who have a positive professional attitude and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
The main responsibilities of a Project Manager are:
- Manage Projects
- Lead teams during all phases of implementation including requirements, needs analysis, design, build/configuration, and deployment.
- Monitor and review project progress through task management in Asana.
- Monitor scope to include meeting milestones and deliverables
- Monitor budget, timeline, and resource as it relates to capacity planning.
- Forecast internal project resource needs on an ongoing basis using our custom utilization system.
- Produce project documentation up to North Peak standards including but not limited to: meeting agendas, meeting notes, budget updates, and project status updates.
- Solve Problems
- Collaborate with project team members to guide our clients through the different phases of the project.
- Support consultants in translating the client’s goals and objectives into technical solutions.
- Be innovative and creative in handling project risks that support the project team while keeping project quality and success front and center.
- Be collaborative
- Lead multiple projects that require different resourcing and project teams.
- Step in to do administrative declarative salesforce technical configuration as needed to support the resourcing of a project.
- Work with the Account Manager to assess risk, scope creep, lack of stakeholder engagement to support the project staying on track.
- Be a trusted partner
- Communicate regularly with the project team and client to build appropriate trust between all of the project stakeholders.
- Manage expectations, this involves planning in advance around client participation/availability as well as their role in the success of the project.
- Share knowledge and experience through blog posts, webinars, documentation, and other outlets.
- Learn new methodologies and improve company standards on project management.
- Achieve personal productivity goals assigned by a supervisor at a maximum of 75% billable.
- Adhere to North Peak’s values
You will excel in this position if you have:
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent client service skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Organizational and time management skills
- Effective problem-solving skills – each project is unique so limitations on timeline, budget, and resourcing will require creative solutions.
- Initiative – we’re a small team, so we may need you to run with an idea or push forward without the exact blueprint outlined. One of our values is to evolve and we want team members to bring new ideas.
- 2+ years of experience as a project manager driving delivery of complex technical solutions, preferably in the Salesforce ecosystem
- Experience guiding organizations through the adoption and management of CRM solutions and related integrated technology.
- Experience applying analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment, setting priorities, and planning
- Strong presentation and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on audience
- Desire to make a commitment to our team, work, community, and clients
- Recommend qualifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Salesforce Certified Admin at a minimum, Nonprofit Cloud Consultant (obtained within 6 months of employment), and other SF certifications desired
- Complex problem-solving experience soliciting, gathering, and analyzing user input and requirements to document project deliverables
- Knowledge of waterfall and/or agile methodologies
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours a week and some travel (around 10%). We are a distributed company with team members working remotely.
Compensation & Benefits
- A competitive salary with performance bonus
- 18-day flat PTO policy including 8 paid holidays to start; increases to 21-days PTO after two years.
- A tech stipend to spend on computer equipment, phone bills, internet, co-working memberships, and other expenses. The items purchased are yours to keep. ($3000)
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision) – Full coverage for employee and 25% for dependents
- Volunteer time off and matching gift program
- Employee Retirement Plan
- Get paid to learn and go to conferences.
- A focus on work/life balance. We have a flexible office hours policy although team members are expected to be generally available during regular business hours.