Outbound Funds Update- New Release Details and Meet the Team
If you’re not familiar with Outbound Funds, the first installment of this series and the official Outbound Funds documentation has the background you need.
New Release and New Videos
Outbound Funds announced a new release for the NPSP extension package! Available here. The team made great headway on this release at the Philadelphia sprint in October. With this release, users with the NPSP extension now have access to a Manage Expenditures Wizard, a Lightning Component that enables managing expenditures en masse. The time-saving feature also looks pretty slick– screenshot below.
The component has been added to the Disbursement NPSP record page. More info on how to configure.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
The team is also thrilled to announce new how-to videos, created with generous help from Bill Florio of the NPSP Videography team. They include:
- Outbound Funds How-To Series: Create a Funding Program and Funding Request
- Outbound Funds How-To Series: Create Requirements for a Funding Request
- Outbound Funds How-To Series: Create a Disbursement
If you’re interested in a more extensive walkthrough, see this video.
The next sprint, originally planned for Atlanta, has gone virtual. It’s happening March 31 and April 1– register here. It’s a great opportunity to contribute to this and other projects that benefit nonprofits using Salesforce.
The Outbound Funds team is planning to tackle these items:
- Discuss and plan approach to Funding Request Coding and Outcomes tracking
- Address the following GitHub issues:
- Review and revise GitHub documentation
For people thinking about other ways to get involved in this project, see the open-source commons.
Meet the Team
Since we might be feeling a bit less connected than normal, it seems a good time to introduce the Outbound Funds team.
Shari Carlson, Product Manager— Shari is a Senior Consultant with North Peak Solutions. She serves as the team’s Product Manager, directing the strategy and priorities for the package and helping to coordinate the team’s resources in delivering new releases.
Bill Corkill, Marketing— Bill is SVP for Information Technology and Membership Systems at the Council of Michigan Foundations. He directs the marketing efforts for Outbound Funds, including coordination with Salesforce.org and engagement with the online community.
Emily Jakubiak, Documentation— Emily is a Principal Consultant for Cloud for Good. Emily produces Outbound Funds documentation, including use cases, configuration instructions, and more.
Junette Tan, Quality Assurance— Junette is Team Lead, Cloud Technology at Traction on Demand. She tests new Outbound Funds functionality to ensure it’s ready for release.
Nick Lindberg, Release Engineer— Nick is a Senior Salesforce Business Analyst for the University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management. Nick manages the Outbound Fund releases and coordinates with development and QA to ensure they are technically sound.
Thom Behrens, Developer— Thom is Salesforce Tech Lead for Appirio. Thom develops new Outbound Funds functionality, delivering the priorities the team decides on in response to community need.
Additional team members who contribute to this project:
- Gordon Lau, Information System Architect at iDE
- Mark Adcock, Senior Consultant at Appirio
- Stan Reeser, Principal at MSR Consulting
- Libby Ziemelis, Vice President Data Services, HandsOn Connect Cloud Solutions
Salesforce.org supports open source projects like Outbound Funds through the Open Source Commons program, providing guidance, best practices, engineering, and opportunities to share the package with the Salesforce nonprofit community. This support is coordinated by:
- Cori O’Brien, NGO Open Source Programs Manager at Salesforce.org
- Judi Sohn, Director of Customer-Centric Engineering at Salesforce.org
Outbound Funds is an intentionally flexible solution that can mold to many different organizations’ needs. See these articles for information on how nonprofits use the package:
- A community foundation and a membership organization using the package to manage their grantmaking efforts
- A youth-serving organization using Outbound Funds to manage scholarships for their programs
- Organizations using the package to manage a grant application process, award program for youth, tracking and distributing donated class registrations
- Organizations using the package to manage a Fellowship application process and mini-grants for teachers
Thanks for reading, and thank you to the entire Outbound Funds team for their continued great work!
Ways to Get Involved
Implement the application! Then, share your story! The Outbound Funds team takes your use cases and feedback into consideration as they continue to optimize the package. Find the package and related documentation in the Power of Us Hub and on Github, and submit your feedback here.
About North Peak
North Peak helps nonprofits and foundations increase institutional intelligence through healthy CRM (constituent relationship management) and/or GMS (grant management system) systems and practices. Contact Us to learn how we can elevate your organization's impact.